Saturday, August 27, 2011

Caught in the Rain!

If you visit us in Japan, you might think that I’m overly cautious with how often I bring an umbrella. Sometimes I feel that way too until days like today. We decided to bike over to the ATM to get some cash before we go to the city tomorrow. It was sunny and hot outside with some dark clouds on the horizon. On the way to the bank, I heard an old lady say a storm was coming. Her friend replied, “Nah, it’s gonna miss us.” I thought it would be a good idea to grab the cash and get home. 
The bank is next to a grocery store, and we decided to grab a few things (having totally forgotten about the black clouds). After paying, we looked outside, and to our dismay, it was pouring sheets of rain! We had several bags of groceries, two wet bicycles and no umbrellas or jackets to speak of.
We killed a little time at the appliance store upstairs until the rain got a little lighter. It was still pouring, but it wasn’t torrential. We got psyched up and got on our way. It was ridiculous how wet we got, and we laughed all the way home! I hope it’s the last time this happens, but I’ve actually been wetter in Japan.

The picture doesn't do justice just how wet we got

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of our very first day in Ireland on our honeymoon... we went for a walk under a clear blue sky, got lost in the Dublin ghetto, and drenched by wandering around in the lightest teeniest rain ever. We always took an umbrella after that. And used it. Even if it was just sprinkling!

    ReplyDelete